These instructions will update the Software of the COMPASS Tool to the latest version 700N036-064-004 and the internal Modem Version to 01.002.01. This will be executed by connecting a USB Stick to the USB Port of the COMPASS tool.
*Note: Ethernet connectivity is required for a COMPASS RED update
Update via USB
- Plug in a USB flash drive to your computer. Make sure the File System type is FAT32 or NTFS
- Download COMPASS_USB_Modem_update_08072021.zip file
- Unzip the contents to the root directory of the USB flash drive
- Eject your USB flash drive safely from your Computer
- *If using the COMPASS RED, connect the COMPASS to the internet via Ethernet cable (if not using COMPASS RED, you may skip this step)
- Power on your COMPASS, wait for 30 seconds for the system to 'boot-up'
- When the STATUS LED is solid green, plug in the USB flash drive, the STATUS LED will turn AMBER/GREEN. Once the STATUS LED turns solid green, the COMPASS software and modem firmware are updated. This step will take 10-20 minutes.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the COMPASS
- Relaunch the WAVE PRO App and verify the COMPASS Version is now 700N036-064-004 and the modem version is 01.002.01