Select systems feature a Mandatory Connection option. When enabled, the system is required to maintain a connection to the WAVE Portal to support remote monitoring and management. The system will stop relaying after 14 days if the connection is lost.
Follow these steps to update the Mandatory Connection setting:
- Log into the WAVE Portal
- Select Systems from the left menu
- Click Search and enter the Serial Number, System Name, or other information
- Select the appropriate system from the list
- In the top right of the page, select Options > Settings
- Set the appropriate Mandatory Connection option at the top of the page.
- Unchecked = Setting is disabled. Mandatory Connection is not required and the system will continue to relay indefinitely while disconnected from the WAVE Portal.
- Checked = Setting is enabled. Mandatory Connection is required. The system will stop relaying 14 days after its connection to the WAVE Portal is lost. The cellular relay will resume once connectivity is restored.
- Click Update
Note: If the Mandatory Connection option does not appear, then it is not available for the system. This may be because it is not supported by the product model, not supported by its software version, or its current configuration otherwise prevents a continuous connection to the WAVE Portal.