The Cel-Fi MyWAVE app connects to your Cel-Fi GO Mobile Smart Signal Booster via Bluetooth and instructs it to “follow” or boost the same frequency channel (if the booster supports the band) that the mobile phone is camped on. This ensures that when you are traveling, you get the best possible connectivity experience for your Android device.
- Cel-Fi Device support:
- GO G31 Mobile (Single Band GO Mobile)
- GO G32 Mobile (Dual Band GO Mobile)
- Mobile phone OS support:
- Android 7 and above
- Services and permissions required on the phone:
- Bluetooth service
- Location service (Location Permissions must be enabled for the App to continue working while the phone is in standby mode)
- For Android 7 – 9, go to “Settings/Apps/MyWAVE/Permissions” and enable the “Location” setting.
- For Android 10+, go to “Settings/Apps/MyWAVE/Permissions/Location” and enable the “Allow all the time” setting. This is necessary for the MyWAVE App to continue working in the background.
- Download and install the MyWAVE App from the Play Store.
(for Apple devices, refer to the MyWAVE Guide for iOS)
- Enable Location service on the phone. Please take note of the Location permissions requirements above.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the phone
- Ensure the phone is near the GO Mobile unit
- Ensure the GO Mobile unit is switched on.
- Launch the MyWAVE app
- Slide the slider to the right to turn enable the Following
- If the GO unit is able to follow the phone, it will enter Follow mode, and the status will show “Following”.
- If the GO unit is unable to follow the phone because the phone is camped on a band that is unsupported by the device, the GO unit will reset to normal mode and chooses the band automatically. The status on the App will show “Band not supported”.
- Do not connect the Cel-Fi WAVE App to the GO unit when the MyWAVE App is connected to the GO unit as it may disrupt the communication and the GO unit will not be able to follow the phone.
- The GO unit will follow the last phone that connects to it using the MyWAVE App.
- If the GO is manually restarted or there are no MyWAVE App connected to it, it will continue to boost the last followed frequency channel for 5 minutes after which it will exit the follow mode and reset to normal mode.
- In a Dual SIM phone, the MyWAVE will refer to the radio information from SIM 1. Hence, the GO will follow the band from SIM 1.